A Blog With A Title

The life of a regular guy, going through irregular changes, looking for simple pleasures in life. Funny how seldom you can put simple and pleasure together. Everyone needs to believe in a GOD and I believe I can fill your believe. To you, I shall be GOD.

Monday, August 06, 2007

I HAVE A PROBLEM...

... with alcohol that is. I am not considered to be an alcoholic or anything near it but I drink far more than I thought that I would. 12 more days to my birthday, it will be a smart idea to abstain myself from those golden liquid sins in order to have a functioning liver or any of my internal organs post 24th birthday. My birthday always consists of celebrations with at least 2 different group of friends and on at least one occassion, I will be forced to drown myself in liquor until I act like a cross breed of a drunken monkey and a energiser bunny on heat. I tend to get more 'stimulated' when I have had a couple of drinks and the reason for this strange phenomenon is still under series of tests which until now has shown no results.

Last Thursday, I was at Laundry having a talk with a friend about an event cum party that he is going to organise and feeling like having wine, I ordered a bottle and before I knew it, the whole bottle was gone. A bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon, 1 and a half hours max, alone, gone. And by saying gone, I meant the wine and not myself although I was pretty close to being just that. Driving home proved to be a little more challenging than usual not because I was drunk or anything but because your eyes tend to fail you once you poison your body with these 'way-past-expiry-date-grape-juice'. I reached home safely but felt like shit the next morning.

On Friday morning, I swore to myself that I will not drink for at least the whole weekend. Time at work passed slowly and it was hell. The feeling of uneasiness in my stomach and chest only made matters worse. I looked forward to the movie at night and that thought kept me going through the day and nightfall, movie time and after movie, KARAOKE. I am not one of those bloody maniacs who is crazy about singing and all that but it was my friends who pestered me to go so I reluctantly agreed. Upon reaching, Wern Shen was already half drunk. He was at Finnegans earlier on enjoying free beers while I watched paid movie. BASTARD. Anyways, I have no idea what maniac sex deprived ghost possessed him, he suggested that we open two bottles as it was cheap. So we did. The last thing that I remembered was singing a stupid song but apparently, there were many more songs that I sang after that and to go with it, of course, many more glasses of whiskey that I downed, which of course, I do not remember. They said that I even talked to Sexy Sexy Lyn, but I have no recollection whatsoever.

Tell me that I do not have a problem with alcohol. Please do.

p/s: A phone call to Wern Shen the next morning fed me the fact that he was having beer. Just a passing by information. Oh well.

Birthday is coming... I am training my immunity towards alcohol and also the Langkawi trip in October where drinks will be aplenty. I just hope that I am alive with a functioning liver and eyes that can still see by that time. Adios.

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

you don't train your liver by abstaining, einstien. you train it by drinking more! ^_^ come i got borneo sake!

4:26 PM  
Blogger lyn said...

yes you did talk to me..
i called you a horny bugger and then i pointed out all your flaws.. and you took it all in laughing.. it was weird talking to a drunk charles.. when i was a bit tipsy myself

10:30 PM  
Blogger Charles said...

Wern Shen: I guess you are right. With that being said, I expect you at the frontline to protect me from the numerous attacks that I may face. Down some for me old boy.

Lyn: Since we were talking about all things horny, I really would like to know the details...mmmmmm....JUICY!!

9:36 AM  
Blogger faridz said...

charles you fat bastard, why never invite me.

11:54 AM  
Blogger lyn said...

haha.. you have to ask kim yew if he would divulge you..
it's not good tho.. 1 month of no action is very very very bad.. sobs*

hey having a prob with alcohol is no big deal.. it's all good really.. having a problem with drugs well that's bad.. but bring on the liquer!

9:55 PM  
Blogger Charles said...

because of your encouragement alongside wern shen's words of wisdom... my next post will be titled loosely along the lines of My path to self destruction

9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home