A Blog With A Title

The life of a regular guy, going through irregular changes, looking for simple pleasures in life. Funny how seldom you can put simple and pleasure together. Everyone needs to believe in a GOD and I believe I can fill your believe. To you, I shall be GOD.

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

FRIENDS - GUCCI - ANYA HINDMARCH + I Am Not A Plastic Bag

The purpose of a joke, be it based on a particular situation or maybe even poking fun on an individual, is to make everyone laugh, but should it be at the expense of someone else's feelings? Others may not understand the pain and anguish that some people are going through and thus will have no idea what kind of implications their words will have on others. I have mentioned in one of my posts before, words are indeed very powerful. One word of encouragement can give someone the strength to battle through their worst of days and one word of discouragement can make the very same person lose all hope. When you are faced with the worst dilemma that you have ever faced, you would hope that your friends will be standing beside you with their arms outstretched but maybe, just maybe, sometimes they forgot that you are very much the same as them, made from skin and bones and have the same ability called feelings. I understand that sometimes people accidentally go overboard when they joke, especially when you put more than one mighty joker who disregards feelings together. They forget that what they say will hurt and they forget that what they say did not take into considerations what their friends will feel. I know. I was like that but to a certain extent. I know when to stop. I know what not to say. I know that I will not poke my finger into the wound that was gashed so deep that it does not heal and make it worse. I will not want to see my friend who was always happy and laughing just sitting by himself, even if he was on the same table, looking at his knee as if hoping for a miracle of some sort to happen.

I do not speak the best words of encouragement nor do I have the ability to comfort people and succeed but what I do know is that I will not make matters worse. Not intentionally at least. Life is like a roller coaster as they say... soo ner or later, this ride will once more go uphill but until then, I guess I will just have to brace myself and hope that no more shits get thrown my way. It not always rainbows and butterflies, pots of gold and cherry pies but who knows what the future holds. I have always been an optimist. Only this time, I faltered. Standing up never seemed so hard but hey, I am, afterall, Charles.

Made a few purchases lately and maybe a few more soon. Hoping to change my mobile as my phone is, besides being extremely obsolete and shite, it switches off by itself from time to time, ask me to 'insert sim card' when the fucking sim card is already in there and the camera is not working. For a cam-fucking-whore, a camera phone with a dysfunctional camera is like having life support system without electricity.

Got a new wallet from GUCCI. Waiting for the right time to use it.


Bought the 'I Am Not A Plastic Bag' Bag from Anya Hindmarch. As you should know, it was chaos. It was fucking crazy. I have told the stories a thousand times and I will tell it a million more. Woke up at 4.30 am and after breakkie, started queueing up at 6.30 am. The line was already rather long when we reached with approximately 100 people in front of us and those people came to queue up by 6 am. As time passes, more and more people joined the queue and by 10am, the queue was estimated to have more than 800 people, queueing up from south court of the mall right until the north end and up to the next level from the north end to the centre court. It was that crazy. Celebrities came and went and those VIPs got to have their Anya Hindmarch first but it was ok. When we were getting nearer to the entrance of the shop, the security guard came around us and started counting. I knew something was wrong. I knew that they had less than their supposed 500 bags. About after 60 to 70 more people behind me, the guards just cut the queue, put up a sign which said 'Sold Out'. There was an outroar and outroar is definitely an understatement. It was already 11.30 and those, including my friends, who came at 7 am, could not get their hands on one and the management, being fully aware of their inventories I am sure, did not tell those people who were queueing up and just decided to let them wait for at least 4 and a half hours like idiots. I should have known, photographers were taking pictures of the crowd when they were in line and that was what Anya wanted. They wanted the press to show how many people turned up for their bags, at the expense of the customer's time and energy. The crowd began to get rowdy and they were shouting and cursing and pushing the barricades and for us who were there in line, we felt afraid. When it was finally out turn to get into the store, some people from the crowd managed to push their way in and that was the first time I trembled while shopping. The guard were rude. Guards from a company called PRISM. They rammed the barricades towards the crowd and shouted at them. It was Anya's fault to begine with and everyone else was a victim and yet the guards treat them with disespect? Who the fuck do they even think they are acting so high and mighty? They are just security guards for fucks sake. Sales people from Anya were giving out hardcover notepads to the people just to make them feel better but this is obviously to no avail. What the hell is a notebook as compared to being crammed with so many people for the past 5 hours? The guards were giving out the book and got irritated and just flung it towards the crowd. Those were hardcover books. They have hard, sharp edges and could injure someone. I was seriously displeased with PRISM and the guards' conduct only drove the crowd angrier. Those in line, who was curious and just looking got shouted at by the guards. We got in and bought the bags, got out, hung on tight to it, walked to DOME, sat down and finally got to breathe. I asked for big plastic bags just so we can keep the bags in it and not let it show.

So what do we get from a great mall like KLCC? Irresponsible tenants who do not take into account the time and effort of customers and guards who are better off washing the toilet or who should just all lie down and have a steam-roller run over them.... over and over again. Well, this is after all the mentality of a third world nation. What can we all do?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

geeeez. all for a bag? a bag is a bag.

9:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

charles, you left out the part where u went to imperial hotel for a paid sex session.

3:51 PM  
Blogger Charles said...

hahaha... how did you know... I am sorry I left that out.
Ya, I also went to Imperial and paid for a sex session.

4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home