A Blog With A Title

The life of a regular guy, going through irregular changes, looking for simple pleasures in life. Funny how seldom you can put simple and pleasure together. Everyone needs to believe in a GOD and I believe I can fill your believe. To you, I shall be GOD.

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Going up?

These past two days have been great… no… I would say that these past two days had been fucking magnificent. Maybe it’s a sign that I am actually getting a new lease in life. Maybe the MAN up there is giving me loan of happiness but as long as the interest is not too high, I’ll play along and pay my dues. Well, the story goes like this… (sounds of harps, followed by me looking skywards, an image emerge from the clouds above me).

I was driving towards uptown to meet up with an Ad agency, Optimum Media Direction (OMD), that is in charge of handling Sara Lee’s account. Not being in the best form due to emotional mix-ups, I felt reluctant and just wanted to get the whole thing over with. Driving a Honda Accord, I proceeded to the basement parking where I immediately found a spot right in front of the elevator. “Maybe today’s not as bad as I thought it was.” I got down, checked the contents in my sling bag, locked the car and lit up. I needed something destructive to clear my mind. Half a Marlboro Lights later, “TING,” the elevator door opened, stubbed out my cigarette, “Shit,” I thought, “what a waste.” A couple of seconds passed, I felt a jerk as the elevator halted. Door opened and I was greeted by “VISITORS PLEASE GET YOUR VISITOR PASS AT THE SECURITY COUNTER.” “Fuck that,” I thought but got it anyway. Walked towards another elevator, my finger approached the button marked with the number 3, pressed it and it lighted up. Door opened, walked out and looked right, not here and then looked left, saw the reception desk, a semi-circle white desk which is like nothing that I’ve seen in other offices before. “This must be it.” I got in and asked for Angeline, sat down and stared at a giant plasma screen TV showing CNN. There was a cabinet with trophies and certificates inside. “Awards,” I thought to myself.
“Hi Charles, come with me.” Angeline looked busy as she led me to a meeting room. She offered me a drink but I said I was alright. We sat down and I asked her a few questions, she answered, then I introduced the directory to her and when all was done, we just chatted. She seemed very wise and practical as to what we should want in our life. I admire that. She then asked me if I had ever considered a career in advertising. She proceeded by saying that they are looking for a male staff to train and nurture him into the industry’s talent. She then said that if I was interested, she could set up an appointment with me and her boss. I felt flattered. Out of curiosity, I asked her about the male staff in that department. “There are none. There are only female staffs in this department.” Wow. That’s enticing. (Those allergic to bullshit, please refrain from reading the next sentence.) But being the gentleman that I am, I would never consider working there just based on that criteria alone. I am now waiting for the interview next Tuesday after work. Hope that everything will go well. Wish me luck.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha, I think based on the fact that there are only females there, u would be 'going down' doing under table stuff.

I'm sure there should be at least 1 pretty girl there and the rest will probably be gorillas or elephants. eeew.

best of luck. u'll need it.

6:32 PM  
Blogger Charles said...

hahaha, whoever you are, thanks for the well wishing but instead of me going down, why not they be the one... that would be sweet... ahhhhh... the thought of it...

8:57 AM  
Blogger faridz said...

finally a post on the positive side! well done charles..dont mess up the interview

1:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck! :D

1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home