A Blog With A Title

The life of a regular guy, going through irregular changes, looking for simple pleasures in life. Funny how seldom you can put simple and pleasure together. Everyone needs to believe in a GOD and I believe I can fill your believe. To you, I shall be GOD.

Monday, January 08, 2007

Happy New Year 2007

This is my first entry in the year 2007 and my year did not start out well. On the first of January 2007, my Grandma passed away and it dealt a great blow to everyone who was close to her. She was 76 when the clock struck 12, when the fireworks lighted the skies and people scream about shouting "Happy New Year" while exchanging hugs and kisses, while some others exchanged blows and punches. Not a good way to start off a new year but in time, we have all come to realise that it was actually better for her as her health was constantly deteriorating and often in pain. At least now she seems serene and tranquil.

She has always been the great grandma that everyone knew. She got along with my friends, my girlfriends, my brothers' girlfriends and friends and everyone who stepped foot in my place, she greeted them with a smile. On the day she departed, many weren't there with her during her last minutes besides my parents and a few aunts. My mum fell asleep around 1.30am when my Grandma was still alright and then it was at 2.00am that my mum got a message from my brother in Australia that woke her up, which was also when she realised that my Grandma was no longer breathing. I was in a club at that time and when my phone rang with 'papa' (my dad) on my screen, I knew that something was amiss. I answered and then I hung up and suddenly it all kicked in. I called my dad again to reconfirm the news and then rushed back home. Many were already there, uncles, aunts, cousins, as I stumbled into my house like a fucking drunkard, trying my best not to cry. I went straight to bed. It was all I could do. I went straight to bed.

One whole week passed after her demise and she is still sorely missed and always thought of. Many came to pay her a last respect and for that I thank you guys. Should there really be a heaven, I am sure she's there. I have seen many tears during the funeral and many self-induced tears at the same time but nonetheless, she is loved by many and even though some may be insincere, being the great person that she was, I am sure that she will forgive.

Goodbye my dearest popo. I know now that you are in a better place without sickness or pain. Please watch over us and bless everyone with happiness like you always did. I never had the chance to say this to you before and although it is all too late, I love you.

8 Comments:

Blogger ΅•º čħĸ åĸä ®ēåģăŇ© º•΅ ™ said...

I know the atmosphere back home is quite bad rite now... but i envy u guys... u all got to pay ur last respect to popo... me... i'm the only missing one...

6:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She's looking down at us from heaven !

8:57 PM  
Blogger faridz said...

sorry for your loss charles. condolences from me.

3:20 AM  
Blogger Charles said...

Reagan: Don't worry about anything. Everything went well and so you take care of yourself

Hendrik: She had always looked out for us.

Faridz: Thank you my friend

9:31 AM  
Blogger Lil Daydreamer~ Make The Impossible Possible said...

I'm sure she with grandpa now in peace. who know's grandpa take her to enjoy right ? such a kind and loving popo like her will sure be at peace..

9:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hereby..i must add in...U R THE GREATEST, MOST CHEERFUL, LOVING, UNDERSTANDING POPO.Even frens who met you for just once think that u r such a friendly and open minded person.Miss you so much as you are always the one that i can turn to in good or bad times.You will always be in our heart.

11:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

May peace with you Popo...

4:55 PM  
Blogger ΅•º čħĸ åĸä ®ēåģăŇ© º•΅ ™ said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home